The Centre’s main objectives are to:
- Contribute to the understanding of the social, political, environmental and legal aspects of frankincense, livestock and agricultural productions.
- Bring Somaliland environmental laws in line with international laws, such as the Lacey Act.
- Foster, through contact between researchers, the development of solid theoretical knowledge and practical expertise in the field.
- Disseminate research findings to members of the scientific community (through publications and presentations at research symposia), as well as to relevant decision-makers and practitioners.
- Provide a high-quality transfer of knowledge and stimulating training environment for stakeholders, by allowing them to be connected to researchers in all of the Centre’s activities.
- Promote the participation of researchers in regional and international networks, as well as institutional collaborations with scientific research units elsewhere in the world.
- Provide research and logistical support for visiting professors and researchers.